Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thanks, peeps!

Thank you to all so far who have made donations, agreed to sell raffle tix, or provided silent auction items..I will be sending out an invite soon on FB and email with all the fundraiser details with dates, times, and specifics so you can all set your calendars for April 16th.  I've enjoyed the cards, well wishes on FB and email, your comments here on my blog and the phone calls.  Special thanks to:

Max, my wonderful boyfriend who has helped me in so many ways to deal with so many things the last couple months--thank you for loving me unconditionally and embracing my temporary Justin Bieber physique. You know you secretly love the Biebs.

My parents, Tony & Marcia and sister Danine, for pitching in financially, enduring doctor consults and for helping to organize the fundraiser and for supporting me through this difficult time.   Looking forward to being on my feet again to be able to repay the kindness.

My guardian angel, Kristine, who helped me get through those first 4 days at home.  You gave me the survival skills I needed to get through the worst of it.  You left your kids and husband to take care of me, tamed my periodic freak out sessions, endured my evilness when the meds were wearing off and made me laugh when I really needed it.  Thanks for putting up with my bullshit..I'm coming to Bloomington soon to treat you to a wine laden, percocet and pain free girls night out. 



My BFF Jeannie, for coming to visit and  stocking my fridge with yummy goodness.  And for checking on me all the time and just being you.  Thanks for realizing when I want to talk and when I'm simply just not in the mood.

My dear friend Wendy, for having a slumber party and providing me with some much needed girl time. OH LORD!

My friend Carol Ann for coming to visit me in the hospital.  Glad we were able to spend that time together. We will celebrate your big day sometime in the future.

And once again, thanks to everyone else for all the love, support, and kindness during all of this. 

More funny updates to come....

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are making good progress! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh LORD! I'm so glad I could hang with thee. You are priceless-funny, strong and kind. And you listened to my stupid problems. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kim, this is joe moody, i was neighbors with your old friend kim k. on nagle. anyway i was out at my local bar tonight and a friend of your dads was telling me a story and passing out a ticket for your benefit. when i seen the name on it i figured it was you. havent seen you in many years but it looks as though you are staying strong and making progress. My prayers and thoughts go out to you, you were a great woman.

    ReplyDelete