Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bra shopping!

If any of you ladies want to start feeling good about about swimsuit shopping, you should try post mastectomy shopping!  Pre surgical drain removal, of course. Max and I spent an hour at Kohl's trying on different sports bras and compression tops...extremely low moment trying to wiggle in and out of everything while maneuvering these damn drains.  Also looking at myself in the mirror with my post mastectomy sutures and Justin Bieber sized chest along with my percocet bloated belly.   Pretty wild time--can only imagine what any of the people were thinking outside the dressing room listening to us.  "Pull there!"  Don't touch that! Ouch! Damn it! OMG, I'm so sorry! Geez, gimme a minute! Up, not down!  UGH!"  Just awful and awkward for all involved.

On a good note, saw my plastic surgeon today--said everything looks fantastic--yes, he said fantastic--drains coming out Friday at 11 AM.    Gave me a scrip for more Percocet to get me through.  Can't come soon enough!  41 hours and counting!

5 comments:

  1. "Fantastic" is a great word! .... still praying ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Kim. I'm glad you are making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Fantastic! Yay Percocet! Boo Drains! Boo Bieber chest! And yay to your awesome sense of humor. You rock girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your awesome! Keep hanging in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you find a compression sports bra? I'd love to donate one to you. Oddly enough, I am a professional bra fitter and love to help you out if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete