Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Random setbacks and cabin fever.

Hi All!
Well, it's been a few days since I checked in and I know you are all breathless with anticipation wondering what's been going on in my exciting life.
Well, I developed an all over itchy as hell body rash over the weekend.  As if I wasn't uncomfortable enough.  Spent almost 4 hours in the ER yesterday and was sent home with a scrip for Prednisone and Pepcid and told to keep taking my Benadryl.  The doctor was an idiot and the ER at Rush is pretty lame and kinda creepy.   Walked in on a lady in her hospital gown sitting on the toilet.  You'd think you would want some privacy and lock the door in a crowded ER room.  A couple things overheard through the curtain. "I have a finger infection."  Hmm  "My stools were really black."  Doesnt sound good.  "Sir, you can't be out in this hallway like that.  You need to have clothes on.Please go back to your room."  Can't blame the guy..they don't really check on you that often there..we could have all been bleeding out or having heart attacks for all that they knew.  "Do you have sex with men or women or both?"--that's a bit personal if you ask me.  Just another day in kim's uncomfortable life.   At least Max was kind enough to accompany me.  Poor guy.
Anyway, rash is almost gone--I'm out of it on Benadryl,  chest pain and discomfort is very different today--somehow much more sore in general, but swelling and tightness in chest is a little bit better--for now anyway.   I should know better than to think they would take away something bad and not replace it with something else. Way too much to ask for everything to feel better all at the same time.  Cancer is smarter than that.  Needs to keep up its reputation for being painful, frustrating, and just all around a sucky experience in general. So score remains something like Cancer 87, Kim 1(the one being that  I'm actually still alive).

Lastly, I have cabin fever!  I've tried to get out here and there but it's hard becauseI'm uncomfortable. It's near impossible to find any sort of bra, or shirt that doesnt make my skin crawl.  I can't wait to burn all these itchy, confining sports bras someday.   I am sick of laying around at home in misery and watching life pass me by.  I want to be active and participate in the goings on of life, and it's really wearing on me to be this uncomfortable this much of the time.. i know I'm only 3 weeks post op from a very extensive and difficult surgery so I should ease up on myself a little.  But it's just really hard.  I don't want to be an emotional burden to the ones i love.  Especially my boyfriend. Max, I promise you there will come a day when I'm back to my normal, adventurous free-spirited feeling good self.  I don't know when that will be, but I am so grateful you havent jumped ship. On the sexy and exciting girlfriend scale, I think I rate about a negative 100 right now.  I will repay you in so many ways once I have brand new bigger hoo-hoos to entertain you.  Which will be sometime mid June or early July is what the doc says.  It just can't get here quick enough.  Seems like an eternity away.  One day at a time...too bad the days seem like they last twice as long as usual though.  Waiting for a breakthrough day.  Until then, you can find me on my couch or in bed popping pills and watching TV.  Or working on my extremely hard jigsaw puzzle.  Don't be jeoulous, people...

3 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds like you are getting back to normal...whatever normal is! Hang in there, each day will be better than the one before it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got hooked up to make comments here, so just want to say I'm really enjoying your blog. I love your humor (always) and it transfers nicely to paper (as they used to say in 1985, before computers were mainstream.) Love ya, I'll call tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn you are hilarious and awesome as always. You need a visitation from Madam Wendy, yes? She will read your future and amuse you with ridiculous sayings!

    ReplyDelete